1) Is there such as thing as a universal feeling of spirituality? Can an artist present a form that transcends cultures/cultural beliefs?
2) Is it possible for a spiritual artwork to be offensive and contemplative? How does intent interact with perception? What is the role of the material used to create the work?
3) Is contemplative or meditative or ritual or visually stunning art inherently spiritual art?
4) What aspects of society have changed the way that spiritual art is created? Does it speak of a greater or lesser understanding (or perceived understanding) of religion or general spirituality?
5) Are subcultures spiritual or a contemporary form of ritual?