1) Is there a line between science and art? What is art and what is science? Does there need to be a distinction?
2) Is it ethical to genetically alter nature for personal gains?
3) What are the implications of creating something out of nature that would not exist in nature?
4) Does imitating a natural function with technology constitute “playing god?”
5) Are some of the outlandish creations of this style derived from the relatively new genre of science fiction? Have advances in special effects (used primarily in movies) had an impact on this interest?